UR9, UR8, UR7, … So, which is the latest Update Rollup for System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator at the moment?
At the moment Update Rollup 9 for System Center 2012 R2 is available.
Update Rollup 9 for System Center 2012 R2 contains updates for Service Provider Foundation, Data Protection Manager, Operations Manager, Service Manager, Virtual Machine Manager, Windows Azure Pack and Windows Azure Pack Web Sites: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3129757
So, it's still recommended to keep your Orchestrator DB small....
If you want to to turn off the Logging of Activity specific or Common Published Data for all Runbooks you can manage this with a SQL-Query setting the columns LogCommonData and LogSpecificData to 0. But this settings will take no affect without check out and check in each Runbook until the version is incremented. The below SQL statement will increase the version for the concerned Runbooks.
Microsoft released Update Rollup 8 for System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator.
With this update SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 is supported and an issue is solved that after you export and then import a Runbook, the Password field of Run Program activity is corrupted.
The update affects RunbookDesigner.exe you can get is with Microsoft Update or here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3096381
System Center Orchestrator Migration Toolkit is availabe with Runbook Converter: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47323
It consists of three components: "Integration Pack Converter”, "Standard Activities module” and "Runbook Converter” which converts Orchestrator Runbooks for import into graphical Runbooks in Azure Automation.
"Integration Pack Converter” and "Standard Activities module” are like the beta I described in one of my previous posts: Some Notes to the "Microsoft System Center Orchestrator Migration Toolkit (BETA)".
Runbook Converter: This tool converts Orchestrator runbooks into graphical runbooks that can be imported into Azure Automation.
Microsoft published a new release of System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator Integration Packs: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39622.
The details of the update from Microsoft Download Center:
10/7/2015 - Updated release for System Center 2012 R2
- NullReferenceException is thrown while using "Get VM Instance" activity to get an Azure VM instance which is configured one virtual network.
- Support for Windows Authentication(Kerberos) in the System Center Integration Pack for Exchange Admin
- XCeed SFTP binaries send SSH_FXF_BLOCK_WRITE when writing a file but don't handle SSH_FX_OP_UNSUPPORTED if the server doesn't support SSH_FXF_BLOCK_WRITE resulting in failures to upload data.
The IPs are shown with Version 7.2 (72) in Deployment Manager.
Remember that you must uninstall most of the Integration Packs from Management Server to register the newer version in Deployment Manager. You do not need to unregister the old version for an update.
- Ensuring that PowerShell Script runs in "Run .Net Script" Activity
- Some Notes to the "Microsoft System Center Orchestrator Migration Toolkit (BETA)"
- Run the PowerShell-Version of Windows executing the Orchestrator Runbook Service in "Run .Net Script" Activity
- Orchestrator and SMA and the change to Daylight Savings Time